I decided as it’s my birthday, I should work out 30 goals to complete before I turn 30! It’s not actually that long before I turn 30 so this is going to be far from a bucket list for me – it will be more achievable things!
I have 2 years to complete this list and so there’s not likely to be any sky-diving or travelling around Africa on this list… So here goes!
1. Go to Iceland (and hopefully see the Northern Lights!)
2. Visit Disneyland
3. Eat at a Michelin star restaurant
4. Go on a road trip somewhere new (where I am the driver) DONE
5. Visit a waxwork museum
6. Go camping in the middle of nowhere and watch the sunset and sunrise DONE
7. Do a research project to find out about 30 cultures and countries I know nothing about
8. Meet someone I really admire in person – DONE
9. Be a bridesmaid – DONE
10. Try to get some zen trying out some mindfulness hobbies DONE
11. Make a physical photo album of the best parts of my life all in one place!
12. Gain as much astronomical info as possible from stargazing
Capturing the Creative Spark
13. Photograph animals in the wild
14. Attend a class to learn a new skill
15. Attend a book/writing club regularly for at least 6 months – DONE
16. Complete 2 years of blogging! DONE
17. Complete an art project (similar to those I did at A-Level)
18. Go to see a play at the RSC and review it – DONE
19. Go vegan for 1 month! – DONE!
20. Sell something I have created myself
21. Take steps to get over one of my (many) irrational fears – DONE
22. Spend a month as tech-free as possible (work time unavoidable!)
23. Volunteer somewhere for at least 30 days
24. Complete a huge jigsaw puzzle – DONE
Just for Fun!
25. Try at least 30 new foods (including some scary ones!) DONE
27. See a play in London and stay overnight DONE
28. Throw a Harry Potter themed party – DONE
29. Attend a festival (music, food or otherwise) – I’ve not done this for too long! DONE
30. See in my 30th birthday in style!
So these are my 30 Goals!
I think these are do-able. They will make me push myself more but I don’t think they’ll stress me out too much trying to complete them!
What do you think? Can you recommend any ways to help me make sure I do this right?
Ready, set, GO!
4th June 2017
Good luck on all of your goals bby! <3 I know you can smash them 😀
In terms of advice… There are loads of food festivals in Birmingham, and one 'digbeth dining' takes place every first Friday of the month I believe. I've heard good things about it! And I'd happily go camping with you 😀
10th June 2017
[…] first ever Bristol Hen Weekend! One of my good friends is getting married in July (for which I have bridesmaid duties!) and this weekend was her send-off. It was an awesome experience and one I’ll never […]
17th June 2017
Definitely do a food festival in Brighton. They’re sooooo good. In fact.. Just go back to Brighton 😛
1st July 2017
[…] of my 30 goals to complete over the next two years involves going to see a play at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre. […]
12th August 2017
[…] of my 30 goals was to make a terrarium and my plan was to do it myself from an old goldfish bow. However, when I […]
23rd August 2017
[…] art classes with you… I’ll come on that trip… LET’S DO THIS THING! One of my goals is to say yes to more […]
9th September 2017
[…] bad dreams about the vastness of the sea and rivers that defy gravity and surround me. I’d promised myself I’d address this fear and so this week when going on a trip to the Peak District I decided to […]
7th October 2017
This list makes me think I should already be writing my 40 things to do before 40, especially since it s 2+ years away and you know, it takes longer to do things when you are older lol!
8th October 2017
There’s no problem starting at any time! Do something manageable to you. Set your goals and then whittle them down to make sure they’re achievable! That’s what I did because I know 2 years isn’t the longest time realistically! Thanks for your comment 🙂
4th November 2017
[…] only reason I went to this particular convention, as one of my goals for before I turn 30 was to meet someone I admire. I watch his “Last Week” vlogging series (hence the title of this post), and he is […]
2nd December 2017
[…] hopefully it will help me power through. Soon, I am going to have a tech free month as part of my 30 goals before I turn 30. During that time I will also be able to complete a heck-ton of projects that have been niggling […]
17th December 2017
[…] to hold down a vegetarian diet for more than a week in her whole life. I decided as part of my 30 Goals before I turn 30 that I would try out a vegan […]
30th December 2017
[…] gave myself goals to complete in the next 2 years, before I turn 30. I have managed to accomplish 9 of my 30 objectives set for myself, but need to step up my game over the next year and a half! Have you set yourself […]
11th September 2018
[…] terrible at sticking to deadlines. I cannot believe that I produced a 2 year bucket list, “30 Before 30” and I’m not even half done with less than a year left! I feel like things got on top of me […]
9th November 2018
[…] part of my 30 goals before I am 30, I made a pact to try out some mindfulness techniques. It only took 1 and a half years, a minor […]
18th December 2018
[…] I got off to a really strong start with my 30 things before 30 and then this year, it’s all gone to pot! The thing is, I am not beating myself up about it. I […]
4th June 2019
[…] get from the “Ha”… I was being sarcastic. It was so hard to complete even half of the goals I made but I am really happy with what I did manage! Here are some of the reasons why I […]
24th December 2022
[…] felt like I experienced a lot more positive things when doing my 30 before 30 challenge in that it gave me some set, measurable goals to work towards. I planned to do this last […]